Hungary Foundation now invites applications for a fall internship position
Hungary Foundation invites applications for one internship position starting on September 6, 2022, and ending on December 20, 2022. The position is unpaid and requires a commitment of 20 hours per week. The internship will be set up as remote work. DC area residency for the duration of the internship is a plus but not a requirement. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate or graduate student in public relations, marketing, communications, international affairs, journalism, or government affairs.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of HF
- Conduct research on a variety of Hungarian American issues
- Help shape HF’s communications strategy
- Assist in writing articles for HF’s website
- Contribute to developing social media content (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Edit creative content
- Assist with organizing special events
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- Commitment to the mission of the Hungary Foundation
- Above average written and verbal communication, research, strong editing skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media, Google, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Proactive approach and excellent work ethic
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
- Experience in Adobe Software family or Canva is an advantage
- Demonstrated interest in transatlantic and Hungarian-American diaspora issues
- Previous voluntary experience in the Hungarian American diaspora will be rated positively
- Knowledge of the Hungarian language is a plus but not a requirement
Specific days and the number of hours are flexible and can be negotiated based on class load.
Start & End Dates:
September 6 – December 20 of 2022
This internship will allow the student to bring their classroom knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden their knowledge through hands-on application in a nonprofit environment.
How to Apply:
This internship is for currently enrolled students.
Send a resume and letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: HF Internship Application