Hungary Foundation is a proud supporter of the Central European American Business Leaders Scholarship Program at Quinnipiac University. The objective of this program is to provide the best of Hungary’s future business leaders with an opportunity to earn an American MBA, along with substantive exposure to the American customer-first approach to business.
What does the program entail?
Quinnipiac University will select two recipients for the Central European-American Business Leaders Scholarship (Hungary). Selected students will receive a scholarship to come to the United States for two years to study and work.
Scholarship recipients begin taking online MBA courses prior to arriving in the U.S. so they can complete their MBA program in one year. Once in the U.S., scholars take on-site MBA courses (limited online courses are allowed) while living on campus and working part-time during their first year. They work full time and live off campus during their second year.
The key benefits of the program include:
- Participants earn an American MBA at Quinnipiac.
- Participants gain work experience at American companies.
- Participants work part time during their MBA studies.
- Upon completion of the MBA, participants work full time for up to one and a half years at an American company.
- At the conclusion of the program, students are required to return to Hungary, putting their knowledge and experience to use.
What kind of support is offered?
The scholarship provides the recipient with:
- 1 reasonably priced round-trip airline ticket
- A start-up stipend to help with initial living and travel costs
- A room in university housing and health insurance during MBA studies
- Fully paid tuition
What are the requirements?
Ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic, be honest and display a high level of maturity and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Students will also be personally motivated, independent and display initiative.
- Students should be eager to understand American culture and business practices.
- Students must have good communication, presentation and general people skills.
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 semester at the Master’s level in business or a related field or have earned a Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Candidates must be under 27 years of age when arriving in the U.S.
- Some work experience (at least internships) is required. Ideal work experience is 1–2 years, but preferably not more.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must be Hungarian nationals.
- The selected scholarship receipts will be responsible for covering certain costs related to: mandatory vaccines, J1 VISA processing fees and SEVIS fee.
The documents you are expected to provide for the application:*
- Current Resume
- Photocopy or Digital Scan of your driver’s license (typically your Hungarian license, but International Licenses or a license from another country is also acceptable).
- Introductory Letter (1 page) – The introductory letter should be one page long and include the student’s name, the current field of study, and basic information including contact information. It will serve as a cover letter for the application packet.
- Essay on Intent and Motivation (estimated 2-3 pages) – This should be up to five pages and explain the applicant’s motivation in applying for the scholarship. Students should explain why they are interested in obtaining an MBA and extensive work experience in the USA as well as why they are interested in returning to Hungary at the end of the program. It should also explain the industries in which the applicant is especially interested in working.
- Plan of Study (estimated 1-2 pages) – The plan of study should list the MBA courses at Quinnipiac University in which the student is particularly interested as well any MBA specialisation in which the student is interested.
* All applications must be submitted digitally in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat format. Each document’s file name should begin with the applicant’s family name followed by their given name. As an example, HEJMOWSKI_HANNA_Resume.doc.
All written documents must be double spaced, Times New Roman with 12pt. font, and standard American page size and sent to email@example.com
For more information and application questions, please contact:
Christopher Ball, PhD
Director of the Central European Institute
István Széchenyi Chair in International Economics
Honorary Hungarian Consul
President of CEENET
203-582-8745 (U.S. office)
For application deadlines please refer to our ‘applications now open’ here (link landing page), or Call For Applications posts in the news section.