Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


1. Who can apply for HIF’s US fellowships and scholarships?

We strongly encourage Hungarian citizens, who reside, study or work in Hungary to apply to our US programs.

2. Who can apply for HIF’s Hungary based fellowships and scholarships?

US citizens, who are graduate and postgraduate students with an interest in international relations, foreign relations and specifically in Hungary, are encouraged to apply for these programs.

3. Does HIF provide scholarships to Hungarian undergraduate students, accepted to a US university, who need financial assistance to be able to cover the tuition?

Hungarian students can only apply to HIF’s US programs, described in detail on HIF’s website.

4. How do I fill out the online application for the TFAS Széll Kálmán Public Policy Fellowship?

Please address all questions regarding the application process to Mary Stankus, TFAS Recruitment and Admissions Director, at or 202-986-0384.
You may also consult the Frequently Asked Questions on TFAS’ DC Internships website:

5. Is the Széll Kálmán Fellowship open to graduate or postgraduate students?

HIF recommends that undergraduate or recently graduated university students should apply for the fellowship, as only undergraduate credit can be earned through the classes that all participants take at George Mason University.

6. How can I apply for the Hungarian American Coalition’s Leadership Training Program?

Please visit HAC’s website for information regarding the application process and deadlines:

or contact HAC at

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This