The Hungary Initiatives Foundation invites applications for “HIF Professional Fellowship in the US”
Due to the high volume of applications, the application for the HIF Professional Fellowship in the US is now closed as of May 11, 2015.
We are no longer accepting applications until further notice.
Thank you to all applicants who have applied and thank you for your understanding.
Interested and qualified individuals can apply for grants up to $20,000 on a rolling basis. Grants are distributed as long as the program budget lasts. As of May 11, 2015, we are no longer accepting applications until further notice is given.
The Hungary Initiatives Foundation is committed to strengthen the exchange of knowledge and skills between the United States and Hungary. Therefore, we would like to provide an opportunity for talented, ambitious Hungarian professionals to pursue studies, training, or research in the United States. The HIF Scholarship will provide support for Hungarian individuals who have been accepted into executive education, professional and research programs in the United States.
The eligibility requirements for HIF scholarship are the following:
- The applicant must be a Hungarian citizen, with a residence in Hungary
- The applicant must be admitted or accepted into a US-based educational, research or professional institution’s program in 2015.
- The grant is available for the year of 2015 calendar year.
- Previous grantees can reapply for grants.
- Applicants can request funding up to $20,000.
- Grant can be used for housing, travel, insurance, living assistance, or tuition.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (including other scholarships, academic awards, extracurricular activities, community organizing activities)
- Proof of admission or acceptance from US institution
- Cover letter, including required grant amount
- 2 letters of recommendation (either from academic or professional supervisors)
- Estimated budget of total costs, required assistance, description and amount of other scholarship, financial aid
Application packages must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject “HIF Professional Fellowship in the US”. Please note that we do not accept mailed application packages.
Applicants can submit their application package on a rolling basis.
Fellowships are awarded by the Board of Trustees of The Hungary Initiatives Foundation. They will be judging each application on:
- Student’s academic merit, superior scholastic ability, academic awards and achievement
- Professional achievements (internships, publications, professional experience)
- Evidence of Leadership & Involvement
- Service to Community, Workplace, or School
- Outstanding Character
- US university’s ranking (based on U.S. News & World Report College and University rankings)
- US institution’s recognition
Fellowship awardees will be notified up to 30 days after the application was submitted.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org the subject “HIF Professional Fellowship question”.