The Hungary Foundation invites applications for “HIF Scholarship in the US”
Due to the high volume of applications, the application for the HIF Scholarships in the US is now closed as of May 11, 2015.
We are no longer accepting applications, until further notice.
Thank you to all applicants who have applied and thank you for your understanding.
Interested and qualified individuals can apply for grants up to $10,000 per semester. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However as of May 11, 2015, we are no longer accepting applications. Further notice will be given when this application will reopen.
The Hungary Foundation is committed to strengthen the exchange of knowledge and skills between the United States and Hungary. Therefore we would like to provide an opportunity for talented, ambitious young Hungarians to pursue studies in the United States. The HIF Scholarship will provide support for Hungarian individuals who have been accepted into academic programs (masters or doctoral programs) in the United States in the Fall semester of 2015.
The eligibility requirements for HIF scholarship are the following:
- The applicant must be a Hungarian citizen, with a residence in Hungary
- The applicant must be admitted into a US-based educational institution’s academic program (masters or doctoral programs) for the Fall semester of 2015.
- Current master or doctoral students must have earned a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
- Outstanding academic achievements prior to the application, including publications
- Strength of the recommendations and content of the motivation letter
- Quality of the academic program or institution where the applicant has been accepted
- Other than academic achievements prior to the application
- The grant is available for the Fall semester of 2015.
- Students awarded scholarships are eligible to apply for an additional year (max two years) with proof of good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Applicants can request funding up to $10,000 per semester
- Grant can be used for housing, traveling, insurance, living assistance, or tuition
We support study in:
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
How to apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Proof of admission from American educational institution and/or unofficial transcript
- Proof of English language profiency
- Cover letter, including required grant amount
- Letter of motivation, describing the applicant’s goals of study and further career goals, in English language
- 2 letters of recommendation (either from academic or professional supervisors). Letter must be directly mailed by the referees to HIF
- Estimated budget of total costs, required assistance, description and amount of other scholarship, financial aid
Application packages must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “HIF Scholarship in the US”. Please note that we do not accept mailed application packages.
Applicants can submit their application package on a rolling basis, but early application is encouraged.
The scholarship is highly competitive.
Announcements will be posted when scholarship awardees will be notified.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject “HIF Scholarship question”.