Part-time Communications Assistant
HIF is looking to hire a part-time communications assistant in March 2020. This position is a critical addition to the foundation’s management team and is ideal for an organized person with strong writing skills, a knack for social media and graphic design, residing in the DC area who prefers to work primarily remotely.
- Support the development and daily management of HIF’s social media strategy
- Assist in audience engagement and growth on HIF’s social media platforms
- Draft and edit monthly and quarterly print and online newsletters
- Create new content and update HIF’s website on a weekly basis
- Assist in the creation of infographics, and other multimedia content
- Provide photographic event coverage and recaps for internal and external purposes of HIF programs
- Assist in augmenting HIF’s recruiting base for scholarship programs and coordinate alumni outreach efforts
- Design and manage the branding and communications strategy behind soon to be launched programs
- One to three years of professional experience in a communications or non-profit setting;
- Must possess excellent writing skills both in English and in Hungarian, strong oral communication skills, solid organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, balance multiple projects at once, and proactively identify opportunities to advance HIF’s message.
- The position demands a thorough understanding of and commitment to the unique mission and goals of HIF.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Video editing and graphic design skills
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Experience in management of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
$30,000 – 20 hours per week
Please send applications with Cover Letter and full CV to email@example.com ATTN: Executive Director Anna Smith Lacey.