Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Expected Scholarship Decision: May, 2021
As part of its Liberty Bridge Program, the Hungary Foundation is pleased to announce a fully-funded scholarship opportunity for young Hungarians to study for two semesters at Hillsdale College in the 2021/2022 academic year.
Founded in 1844, Hillsdale College is a selective, top-ranked college located in Hillsdale, Michigan, known for its commitment to the classical liberal arts and for its independence from US government funding.
The Hungary Foundation scholarship will cover the full tuition and living expenses for the period of one academic year at Hillsdale College for Hungarian students currently enrolled in undergraduate programs in Hungary.
For this fellowship, we are looking for intellectually serious, highly-motivated Hungarian students with an outstanding academic record and the drive to be future bridge builders between Hungary and the US.
The scholarship’s financial assistance covers the following:
- full tuition and living expenses
- transatlantic airfare, visa support, and related fees
- health insurance
- dedicated domestic travel and conference attendance support
- books, memberships, and subscriptions
- dedicated student mentorship
Scholarship recipients will be required to take a core group of classes at Hillsdale on the foundations of the American political system but otherwise will be free to choose their classes.
Selected applicants will be invited to participate in all Hungary Foundation-organized professional development, networking events, and leadership programs in Washington DC., and will enjoy tailored mentorship and staff support to help the initial onboarding and settling-in process and will be provided mentorship and assistance during their entire stay.
- Full CV: in English, must include the date of birth, citizenship
- Two Letters of Recommendation: must include at least one academic recommendation and needs to be tailored to this specific scholarship
- Official University Transcripts: translated into English
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Short Essay: Should address one of the two following questions:
- What do you think is the biggest challenge facing Western Civilization today?
- What would you do if you were elected Prime Minister of Hungary tomorrow?
The short essay must be in English and no longer than 500 words.
Click here to start your application.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject “HF Hillsdale Scholarship question”.
ABOUT THE LIBERTY BRIDGE PROGRAM
The goal of the Hungary Foundation’s Liberty Bridge Program, launched in 2020, is to reinvigorate the US-Hungary relationship by building up a new framework of programs that will bolster the professional, academic, public, and people-to-people dialogue between the two countries. The idea behind the program is our core conviction that the US and Hungary share value-driven special bonds built on the concept of Liberty. As part of this program, the Hungary Foundation will invest in scholars and fellows who have demonstrated leadership skills and will serve as future bridge-builders between the two countries.