As part of its Liberty Bridge Program, Hungary Foundation is pleased to announce a fully-funded scholarship opportunity for young Hungarians to study for two semesters at Hillsdale College in the 2022/2023 academic year.
Founded in 1844, Hillsdale College is a selective, top-ranked college located in Hillsdale, Michigan, known for its commitment to the classical liberal arts and for its independence from US government funding.
The Hungary Foundation scholarship covers the full tuition and living expenses for the period of one academic year at Hillsdale College for Hungarian students currently enrolled in undergraduate programs in Hungary.
HF is looking for intellectually serious, highly motivated Hungarian students with an outstanding academic record and the drive to be future bridge builders between Hungary and the US.
The scholarship’s financial assistance covers the following:
- full tuition and living expenses
- transatlantic airfare, visa support, and related fees
- health insurance
- dedicated domestic travel and conference attendance support
- books, memberships, and subscriptions
- dedicated student mentorship
Scholarship recipients will be required to take a core group of classes at Hillsdale on the foundations of the American political system but otherwise will be free to choose their classes.
Selected applicants will be invited to participate in all Hungary Foundation-organized professional development, networking events, and leadership programs in Washington DC., and will enjoy tailored mentorship and staff support to help the initial onboarding and settling-in process and will be provided mentorship and assistance during their entire stay.
- Full CV: in English, must include the date of birth, citizenship
- Two Letters of Recommendation: must include at least one academic recommendation and needs to be tailored to this specific scholarship
- Official University Transcripts: translated into English
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Short Essay: Should address one of the two following questions:
- What do you think is the biggest challenge facing Western Civilization today?
- What would you do if you were elected Prime Minister of Hungary tomorrow?
The short essay must be in English and no longer than 500 words.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “HF Hillsdale Scholarship question”.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2022
Expected Scholarship Decision: May 2022