Hungary Foundation invites applications for one internship position starting on September 3, 2021, and ending on December 17, 2021.
The application deadline is July 26, 2021.
The position is unpaid and requires a commitment of 20 hours per week.
The internship is a mix of in-person and remote work. DC area residency for the duration of the internship is a requirement.
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate or graduate student in public relations, marketing, communications, international affairs, journalism, government affairs.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of HF
- Conduct research on a variety of Hungarian-American issues
- Help shape HF’s communications strategy
- Assist in writing articles for HF’s website
- Contribute to developing social media content (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Garner users to follow/like for the Hungary Foundation
- Edit content
- Assist with organizing special events
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- Commitment to the mission of the Hungary Foundation
- Above average written and verbal communication, research, strong editing skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media, Google and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Proactive approach and excellent work ethic
- Dependability, flexibility and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign is an advantage
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
- Demonstrated interest in transatlantic and Hungarian-American diaspora issues
- Previous voluntary experience in the Hungarian-American diaspora will be rated positively
- Knowledge of the Hungarian language is a plus but not a requirement
Specific days and the number of hours are flexible and can be negotiated based on class load.
Start & End Dates:
Available from September 2021 with a minimum commitment of 4 months preferred.
This internship will allow the student to bring their classroom knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden their knowledge through hands-on application in a nonprofit environment.
How to Apply: This internship is for currently enrolled students.
Send a resume and letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: HF Internship Application