HIF is Now Accepting Applications for its Art Museum Curator Grant
In order to provide new impetus for US-Hungarian art and cultural exchange and to inspire future exhibits in the US of contemporary and traditional Hungarian artists’ works, HIF is launching an Art Museum Curator Grant.
American art museum curators who are directly affiliated with major art museums in the US, can now apply to cover travel, accommodation and conference registration to travel to major art exhibits and art fairs in Budapest and to cover independent study tours.
HIF is accepting applications on a rolling basis in consultation with other Hungarian art and cultural institutions to support visits to Budapest during the fall of 2017.
The available funds provide support for at least 3 curators to Hungary this year.
- The application is open to US art museum curators at the Associate Curator level and above, who are directly affiliated with major art museums in the US;
- The application must include a specific Hungary-based art fair, workshop or international exhibit held in Hungary;
- The applicant must showcase how the trip would enhance the cultural relations between the US and Hungary.
- Applicants can request funding up to $2,000 per trip;
- Grants can only be used for covering registration fees and travel expenses, including lodging, and transatlantic flights. Per diems are not included.
- The date of the trip must be between September 1, 2017-December 1, 2017.
How to apply
In order to apply, please fill out our application form HERE.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject “Museum Curator Grant question”.