APPLICATIONS FOR THE SPRING 2017 GRANT CYCLE ARE NOW CLOSED.
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE BOARD’S DECISION
BY MARCH 7, 2017.
Interested and qualified individuals can apply for grants up to $10,000 per semester. Application deadline is February 5, 2017.
The Hungary Initiatives Foundation is committed to strengthening the exchange of knowledge and skills between the United States and Hungary. Therefore we would like to provide an opportunity for talented, ambitious young Hungarians to pursue studies in the United States. The HIF Scholarship will provide support for Hungarian individuals who have been accepted into graduate academic programs (masters or doctoral programs) in the United States in the Spring or Fall semester of 2017.
The eligibility requirements for HIF scholarship are the following:
- The applicant must be a Hungarian citizen, with a residence in Hungary
- The applicant must be admitted into a US-based educational institution’s academic program (masters or doctoral program) for the Spring or Fall semester of 2017
- Current masters or doctoral students must have earned a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
- Outstanding academic achievements prior to the application, including publications
- Strength of the recommendations and content of the motivation letter
- Quality of the academic program or institution where the applicant has been accepted
- Extracurricular achievements prior to the application
- The grant is available for the Spring or Fall semester of 2017
- Students awarded scholarships are eligible to apply for an additional year (max two years) with proof of good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Applicants can request funding up to $10,000 per semester
- Grant can be used for housing, traveling, insurance, living assistance, and tuition
We support the following fields of study:
- Economics and Business
- Sciences and Arts
- Social Sciences
How to apply
In order to apply, please fill out the below application form.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject “HIF Scholarship question”.